Saturday, April 23, 2011

Homemade Shabu-shabu

When we were in Manila, we met up with Aunt Joan at Moa.

She asked us a favor -to bring a 7-kg mini ice-chest contained with fishballs. Fishballs? Why do we have to carry fishballs when we could just buy them at Davao. I am pretty sure that we have excess baggage considering that I alone have 2 huge luggages. Hmpf! But we can never say NO. :(

Yesterday, Dico (my aunt and my mom's first cousin and bestfriend) invited us over to have dinner. She said that we will be having homemade shabu-shabu using the fishballs we've brought straight from Manila.

Here are some of the pictures from last night...

fish balls, crab meat balls, tofu, kikiam and i dont know how the others are called

into the chicken stock soup

Nomnomnom. Crab meat!

Dico, the Masterchef! :)
The meal was really great. I failed to take a picture of the cooked meal, my gustatory excitement got the best of me and I was so done with the meal before I have thought of taking a picture for you. Darn! It was a fun night-full of meals, chit-chats and laughter!

All I can say is that the excess baggage was definitely worth it!

Have you tried shabu-shabu? I definitely recommend you to try it at home-it spells fun, fun FUN! :)


Love,
me.

No comments: