Friday, January 20, 2012

Wings and Dips | Random date with Mesha

cute little chicken @ wings and dips' signage

minimalist intertior | clean lines

mini football game table

functional shelves | mini - library

Mesha and her fries with bleu cheese dip

me and my meal

chicken wings in honey bbq sauce | bleu cheese dip | carbonara | french fries

minimalist interior + pop of vibrant red
 I woke up late and jumped immediately onto the computer and did some homework.
An instagram notification caught my attention: Meshadanelle is alone at Yellow Hauz. 
I tweeted her that I'll come and spend the afternoon or rest of the day with her.

When I arrived at Yellow Hauz, she was done with her drink and was just waiting for me. I suggested we transfer to another place because I was hungry and wanted to eat good food. We decided to proceed to wings and dips which was just around the corner from Yellow Hauz.

If you love buffalo wings or chicken in general, Wings and Dips is a go-to perfect comfort place for you. I am totally a chicken person. I prefer chicken against almost anything, except durian and chocolate I guess. Haha! But I hate wings. I adore thighs. So when I was invited to try Wings and Dips over a year ago, I was hesitant because I don't like wings. However, after that invite, I can't seem to help myself but crave for wings. I can even remember on several occasions wherein I bought wings in the grocery and cooked them myself.

Wings and Dips opened its door to Davao about a year and a half ago. They are the first of its kind - buffalo wings as their main offering with a wide variety of sauces, dips and combo meals. Aside from the wings, they also serve pasta, burgers and even nachos and more.

Mesha | french fries and bleu cheese dip
Their french fries is one of the best fries I tried. At every bite, you get potato, not the starchy one but real genuine potato similar to what New York Fries and Dips are serving. I really like their fries and the serving is a decent proportion.
Bleu cheese dip is my definite favorite out of everything! I love how it is sweet and tart at the same time. I love the creaminess, the heavenly texture and the beautiful saltiness. I have read some negative reviews about this dip and I disagree. I don't know how a bleu cheese should taste like but I know one thing for sure, I really love theirs.
french fries - Php 70
dip - Php 30

Laserhenna | french fries, bleu cheese dip, chicken wings in honey bbq sauce and carbonara
The chicken wings were okay. I wanted them to be a little fatter or bulkier since the meat of slender wings tend to stick to the bone. However, the honey bbq sauce is really good. A perfect combination of sweet and spicy. I don't mean spicy as something that is hot - rather, it is packed with spices and herbs. There are 4 flaps of chicken in the combo meal.
I was tricked with the carbonara I guess. When I hear carbonara, I automatically think of bacon or pancetta, parm cheese and vermicelli sauce. Well they serve it as how I imagined it, except for the bacon part. Instead of bacon, it was served with mushroom. Fail! Good for me though that I love mushroom. It's just that it was hard to deal with disappointment especially with food. So I sucked it up and ate. I was hungry anyways. 
What I love from their combo meals is the one with the Hungarian Pasta meal. It was awesome with the hungarian slices and the pesto. That is a definite must-try!
combo meal - Php 160
iced tea - Php 20

To sum it up, Wings and Dips is a good place to try wings on different sauces and dips. The place is great. It is not warm nor cozy, but it makes you feel at home. A very modern and contemporary home, that is. It has a feel like the coffee shops give to you, the feeling that you can stay, relax and just chat with your friends. It is homey. The taste is quite satisfactory. The bleu cheese is a bestseller for me. Their price is quite fair. The portion may look insufficient for a hungry stomach, but believe me it can fill you up.

Recommended! :)
Wings & Dips
Door 7A Mabini Commercial Complex,
Mabini Street, Davao City
(082) 305-1417 

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

 After dining, we went to SM and did a window shopping session plus endless chika and updates.
We checked out a lot of the shops. 
After SM, we went to Mesha's home because her Dad just arrived from overseas. 
We agreed to go somewhere like a coffee shop after but that didn't push through. We felt so comfortable in their house and the chikas are already too good to stop and transfer.

Random. Unplanned. Definitely fun.
Date with Mesha.
I love you babe! Haha! :)


2 comments:

Salvee said...

hello old friends...:))

laserhenna said...

Hi Salvee! :) How are you you hot mama? :))