Saturday, January 14, 2012

Friday the 13th


Whenever the infamous Friday the 13th day is nearing, instantly a buzz is created. 

A lot of people are somewhat affected with this certain phenomena. They fear that this day will cause them to be UNLUCKY. Our elders would ask us to be extra careful and if possible, not to expose ourselves to things or events that may threaten our safety or potentially cause us terrible accident or even death. Scary huh?

They say: Totally Unlucky! Me: Duh?!
To some, this has become a fear and to others, a phobia. This phobia is called friggatriskaidekaphobia or paraskevidekatriaphobia.  

I even remember this one time way back in 2nd year high school when my sister Monique is supposed to join a field trip to Davao with her friends and classmates . Unfortunately, the day that they were to depart fell on, yes you guessed it right, a "Friday the 13th". And so, my paternal grandmother Amah Rosa suggested to my parents not to allow her to join and my parents respectfully obliged. Sad, I know. Well she already got over it and all is well. :)

Today was one of those days. I kept on hearing the DJ talking about Friday the 13th over the radio and a lot of status updates on Facebook is about them. So, I checked the calendar and realized, "Oh ok. So today is Friday the 13th. Big deal?!" As a nurse, I usually believe things or phenomenon with a solid logical reason. I don't believe that you should'nt sleep while your hair is wet, I don't believe that you should jump three stairs when you got your first period and I certainly don't believe in Friday the 13th. 

Come on guys, it's just like every other day, ordinary.

That's what I thought at the beginning of the day, boy was I wrong!

These are the things that happened to me:

1. I came across the Sole Sister's blog. I read most of their entries as well as their 21-day Pilipinas Challenge. And to my luck, they are planning to invite 5 backpackers to join them in this adventure. I went frenzy. I sooooo want to join them! Kaka-start pa lang ng day, good news na! 

Lucky Chinee: 1 Unlcuky Chinee: 0

 
 2. My friend, Julienne, called me up that a certain organization are accepting applications for nurses to work in Japan. They had an endless list of requirements and their deadline is TODAY. So, I got up from the laptop, prepared all the documents needed, showered and prepared to go. We went to school and gathered more documents and then head to their office. P.S. Please pray for my friend and I. I really want this one!

Score: Lucky Chinee: 2. Unlucky Chinee: 0.

3. After submitting, we went to the mall and roam around. And then we passed by a coffee shop where there was this handsome guy whom I think was in a meeting with an American guy and a Filipina (hopefully not his wife). We had the longest eye contact ever! Hahaha! I was so kilig. My friend, Julienne, told me that he was still looking at me and I blushed. We intentionally walked by again by the coffe shop and he's still looking. Julienne suggested that we order something in that coffee shop and eat. I sooo want that too! But my coward-ness ate me whole and I sad no. Conservative ako no?  
He looks like Tyson Beckford and a bit like Usher.



Haaaay, kilig kilig kilig! Like Nikki Minaj sang: "I really got a thing for American guys" 
Score: Lucky Chinee: 3 Unlucky Chinee: 0

Those were the highlights of my day. As I say, "I was wrong". This is no ordinary day. This is one LUCKY DAY!

How did your day went? Wish of luck to everyone!

Love,
Me.
 
P.S. This made me laugh! ^__^

No comments: