Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Mochicreme

What is the first thing that enters your mind when you hear Japan?
Mine is kawaii.
Kawaii means anything that is pretty, colorful and super cute. Nakakagigil!

Yes, despite of the tragic tsunami that happened last year I still think of Japan as the land of everything CUTE!
Take a look.

Harajuku Lovers

Sanrio, Co.

Tokidoki
 
she ain't afraid to excessorize! cute!

even in the midst of bird's flu epidemic, these Japanese girls were able to pull off a kawaii outfit

whoaw! this seems crazy, cute and fun!

Because of all of these, Japanese people are known to be very jolly, carefree, light-hearted and fun-loving species.

Anyhow, I have been hearing this buzz about the new confectionery available in Davao, the talked-about Mochicreme - Japanese Ice Cream.
So when my sister Monique was here in Davao, we met up with her college friend Gem at Abreeza and then strolled around the mall until we found their stall. Excitement noted!


 They are located at the second floor of Abreeza Mall fronting Watson's.
They also have a branch in SM.


Mochi is a Japanese rice cake made of glutinous rice pounded into a paste and molded into shape. Mochi ice cream, on the other hand, is a Japanese confection made from Mochi, with an ice cream filling.
Yummy, I guess! 


 
Both Monique and Gem ordered the pink one named Strawberry. I hesitated to pick one for myself because I'm generally not fond of ice cream.
 
Monique

Gem

strawberry mochicreme

After seeing them eating, I was not able to resist and tried one. I picked the safest and risk-free flavor: Chocolate. It was pretty good. Another interesting experience. The mochi was indeed sticky. I had a hard time trying to bite through it. The ice cream filling was nice actually. It wasn't extremely sweet but it has that authentic taste of cocoa in a chocolate. The price for me was okay. It wasn't too expensive nor was it affordable, it's just right.

chika moments

mochicremes are served in these cute little wrapper

I searched Mochicreme in Facebook and I saw this pic: CUTE!
Unfortunately, the personnel who attended us were just in their boring normal selves.



I recommend you to try them, mochicremes! <3



P.S. They would look more cute if they were represented like this:


Cute diba? Hehehe!
Kawaii!

Till next!
Love,
Me.
 

No comments: