Friday, February 3, 2012

Green Coffee | Quick date with Mitch and Pia

Photo credit to: http://davaoetcetera.blogspot.com


Choco Lava

Blueberry Ensaymada

Pia, not-so-fresh from Makati

Mitch in her company uniform a.k.a. teacher's uniform



Ever since Pia arrived in Davao, we have been planning to meet up but failed to.
So after dinner with family, I decided to see them so I called them up.
I asked my parents to drop me off at McDo Bajada. 
I called Mitch and she said she was at a funeral service along Torres St. while Pia is home. I walked to Torres and asked Mitch if she could spare some minutes and hang out somewhere near. Pia arrived after a few minutes. We went to Margie's bakeshop but it's already closed. So we walked along Torres and decided to stay at Green Coffee.

Green coffee is the pioneering coffee shop here in Davao that uses the garden and plants to create that perfect relaxing and cozy ambiance. It opened around May 2011 and is a Panadero Express (Davao) under a new brand. It is the country's first air-conditioned outdoor garden and brewing freshly roasted coffee beans from the company's own farm.

Here's what we ordered:
♥ Choco Lava for me
♥ Lemon Iced Tea for Pia
♥ Blueberry Ensaymada for Mitch

Choco Lava
First taste was eeeek! It tasted like medicine. I kind of regretted it at first. Then I took another bite and again and again. When I was about 1/3 of my way, it started to taste okay. And then further, it tasted good. A different take of my classic favorite of chocolate. Must try for chocolate lovers.
Php 110.00

Lemon Iced Tea
Tasted like a legit tea lightened up with a fresh zest of lemon. Truly refreshing and not overly sweet.
Php 130.00 (est.)

Blueberry Ensaymada
I am not a fan of blueberry, so I didn't take a taste of the filling. The ensaymada however, was soft, light and fluffy. The butter was generous and it's saltiness give a balance to the blueberry I guess. 
Php 70.00

In general, Green Coffee is a good place for food, drinks and chilling with friends.
Plus it is now open and ready to serve DavaoeƱos 24/7! :)
Green Coffee
F. Torres St., Davao City 

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
It's just a quick date and no specific amount of time is enough when it is well spent with good friends.
I missed the endless chikas with you vevez Pia and Mitch.

Love, Me.

No comments: